- Layered outerwear. A 3 layer system is used in all conditions, base layer, mid layer and outer layer.
- Insulated jackets and pants are far too warm for our riding conditions. Base layer under garments made from Merino Wool provide the best balance of warmth and comfort while wicking sweat off your body.
- A packable down Jacket works excellent as a mid layer.
- For the outer layer, CKMP Guides wear Ski-Doo Helium 30 and 50 jackets and pants.
- Ski-Doo Mountain Gloves or Backcountry Gloves are worn by all our guides and are recommended.
- Persimmon dual-lens goggles. The Persimmons lens provides optimal visibility in all light and snow conditions.
Most sizes of Jackets and Pants (Helium 30) are available for rent. Please contact us to make sure we have sizes available for you. Jackets $15.00/day & Pants $15.00/day.
Before we head out, we’ll have an intensive day of training. Included in this adventure is the CKMP AST 1.5 course, which is suitable for people with a basic knowledge of mountain sledding and those with little experience.
Designed to give you the base knowledge needed for mountain adventures, it also teaches you the entry-level decision-making framework based on the most advanced sledding knowledge available.
Our team of professional instructors have over 15 years of experience and are certified with Canadian Avalanche Operations Level 1, 80 hours Wilderness First Aid or OFA Level 3 as well as 200 days minimum Tail Guide experience. As a part of the initial training, you’ll also learn that staying safe in avalanche terrain is priority number one and a life-long process.